Embedded Software Specialist for radio and radar IC’s
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub
in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed
leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is
what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local
and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create
groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart
cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 97 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Embedded Software Specialist for radio and radar IC’s.
What you will do
Your focus will be on bringing life
into our new radio and radar IC’s. With these IC’s you will designing embedded
prototypes to show the potential of our IOT IC’s and sensor solutions. First
you will create the functional and non-functional requirements for the IC’s
from the software perspective. Once the IC’s are created you will test their
functionality in the lab. Subsequently you will start to build a demo
application with the help of a sensor expert and other embedded hard and
software engineers. In this position you will:
- Define requirements for our radio and radar IC’s to allow them to be optimally programmed and tested.
- Test the newly manufactured IC’s in the lab for their functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create automated tests to characterize and evaluate the IC’s in the lab.
- Develop embedded hard- and software prototypes with our radar and/or radio IC’s.
- Create new embedded architectures (both HW and SW) for our new Imec IC’s.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers.
- Implement power efficient wireless communication for sensor networks.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Demonstrate the IC and application prototypes.
- Deliver results on time in line with the roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of Ultra Low power applications for the internet of things.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- BSc or MSc degree in embedded engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in low-level programming of radio or radar IC’s.
- 4+ years of experience in low-power embedded software design.
- Experience in designing wireless sensor nodes or radar and their electronics.
- Professional experience with Python is a must.
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest in for example ranging and distance measurement is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English.