Epitaxy & ALD Process Engineer
What you will do
The Epitaxy and ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition) Thin Film Process Engineering team (EATF) covers many different production steps in the cleanroom. As part of the EATF team you will focus on the deposition of various materials used in the fabrication of semiconductor devices and circuits, and supporting the development of new deposition processes and techniques for our many internal and external customers. It is also a core function of the Process Engineer to maintain and improve the quality of existing ‘line released’ processes. To achieve this you will be responsible for monitoring and controlling process quality, initiating process improvements, problem prevention, and problem resolution.
You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with Researchers, Scientists, Hardware Engineers, Operations, Equipment Vendors, Integration Engineers, Device and Process experts. As Process Engineer you work in shifts (early/late) and 1 weekend in 3.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, ‘our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Degree or Masters in Science or Engineering or equal by experience, and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You have strong analytical skills, interest in how things are measured, how data is interpreted, and how data can be used to ensure high quality results that are achieved within the timescale agreed with the customer.
- You are able to work autonomously, are well organized, and you have a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- You have a methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- You are able to adapt at short notice to changing priorities.
- You are able to work within cross disciplinary technical teams.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.
- Knowledge and experience in ALD and/or epitaxial growth would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of various process control and quality improvement techniques (e.g., SPC, Cp/CpK, FMEA, 8D, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a semiconductor facility would be an advantage.