Field Service Engineers
What you will do?
In our cleanrooms, some of the most advanced machines in the world run the production of chips. Some of them are first versions, and sometimes even prototypes. As a service engineer (equipment engineer) you will be responsible for the proper functioning of these various pilot production tools and devices.
- You intensively collaborate with process engineers and equipment constructors; identify preventive actions and assure the correct maintenance and repair of the equipment. Together with the manufacturers, you identify, execute and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- In a context in which continuous improvement is a key success factor, you are driven to make maintenance more efficient and cost effective, while the quality and availability of the equipment is guaranteed.
- You take care of a first analysis of all technical questions regarding the hardware aspects of the machinery in your domain and you ensure an adequate solution.
- With your extensive device knowledge you will be able to assist in setting up new processes.
- Together with your colleagues of the hookup department, you install new equipment in the pilot production line.
- You will work in shifts (early, late, 1 weekend out of 3).
You have to know this: imec is an internationally pioneering R & D center. We collaborate with all the big electronics companies to find out how the chips of the future can be made. Key in this is our extremely advanced pilot production line for chips, which contains the tools you will work on. On this advanced equipment, we test production processes. When those production processes work optimally and are stable, they transferred to the real chip factories.
What we do for you?
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are?
You obtained a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering Electromechanics, Mechanics or equal through technical experience. By preference, you have a first similar professional experience. Motivated graduates are definitely encouraged to apply as well!
You are fascinated by new technologies and equipment. You are highly technically skilled and have a hands-on knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics, electronics, etc. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action. You can work autonomously, take the initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work. You are a real team player and have strong communication skills in English.