What you will do
Oversee all aspects of the business's financial operations in imec’s Florida location in coordination with imec’s Belgian headquarters.
- Support and advise management and team members regarding all operational tasks with financial impact.
- Evaluate and communicate operational financial data and analysis to support future business decisions with senior management.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal financial statements, budgets, budget to actuals, and other financial analyses, providing these reports to stakeholders as required.
- Manage operational and project accounting for the site.
- Oversee all financial operations including: Project accounting, Cashflow management, Financial Reporting, AP/ AR/ GL, Financial Management Systems, Bank relationships, Payroll Authorization and Tax reporting and required compliances.
- Responsible for legal and statutory reporting and all finance related compliance requirements including internal and external audits.
- Perform and report intracompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Prepare rolling forecasts and yearly budgets.
- Financial administration of (public funded) projects, including the setup of cost models for grant funding.
- Manage payroll distribution and time registration in collaboration with HR dept.
- Responsible for correct and timely invoicing and for cashflow management.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as needed.
What we do for you
As a Finance Manager at imec’s newest R&D Center, your efforts will be directly reflected in the growth and success of this location. You will be part of an organization driving groundbreaking research that makes positive societal impacts. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including medical, dental and vision insurance, and 401k with a generous employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and 10+ years of relevant experience. Master’s preferred
- Knowledgeable in GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Knowledgeable and experienced with MS office including excellent Excel skills
- Experienced working with ERP systems including an understanding Master Data and reporting
- Experienced in Project Accounting
- Have excellent knowledge of financial reporting standards & chart of accounts, and ideally have experience with the type of detailed accounting and reporting required for nonprofit organizations
- Hands on mentality, a high sense of responsibility, and a proactive attitude
- Can work well both independently and in a team
- Possess strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Experienced leader, able to establish processes and grow a team in the future
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and growHave excellent communication skills