FPGA Firmware and Software Engineer
What you will do
Imec has a new opportunity for a firmware and software design engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design of firmware and software enabling the prototype systems that support imec devices and their integration into systems. You will work with systems, electrical and mechanical engineers and participate in all stages of prototype development from requirements gathering to testing and integration of the prototype demonstrators. Example systems include Millimeter Wave Imagers, Terahertz Imagers, active visible and Near IR imagers and Lidar systems. You will:
- Develop firmware and software for FPGAs or microprocessors that power the system and develop software and GUI’s for the host applications that run and demonstrate the prototype systems.
- Work with other engineers to provide input to help develop the system requirements and to develop the various device interfaces.
- Develop firmware and drivers for device to device data transfer.
- Develop firmware and drivers for controlling and driving imec devices such as imager arrays, illuminators, radar and lidar systems
- Implement signal processing and image processing algorithms in firmware and/or software.
- Develop and/or implement and test data transfer protocols between the systems and host devices.
- Develop test routines in support of sub-system testing.
- Work with the other engineers to generate supporting documentation and preliminary user manuals.
What we do for you
You will have the opportunity to design and implement firmware and software for proof of concept systems and prototypes for state of the art devices developed at imec. Your designs will support many applications and each prototype will be a great learning experience that will enrich and grow your capabilities and expertise. You will enjoy design freedom and collaboration with field experts.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in firmware and software development
- 3 + years of experience in FPGA development and synthesis is REQUIRED
- Experience with firmware design, simulation, debug, and test
- Experience setting up the integrated development environment (IDE)
- Embedded SW development
- Experience with vendor logic synthesis tools.
- Good knowledge of C/C++, C#, QT or other GUI language, Python and MATLAB
- Proficient in source code version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience in testing (integration, functional, regression) and continuous integration
- Flexible team player, actively collaborating with other team members
- You see change as an opportunity to learn and grow
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences
- Hands-on attitude with the ability to create and implement solutions independently