HR Business Partner (Ghent & Leuven)
You will be a strategic partner to your business leadership team, from first line managers to executive level. By shaping and supporting their approach to leading smart creatives and technical staff, you will ensure imec remains a great place to work for all our talent. Imec’s top talent includes both the brightest researchers from all over the world, as highly specialized cleanroom operators and technical staff that run our cleanrooms and it’s high-tech equipment 24/7.
You have a strong HR background plus a business mindset and you thrive in a high-tech organization. Your passion for the dynamics of people and organizations is combined with an analytical mind and solution-oriented drive. You are intrigued by the success, challenging ambitions and no-nonsense culture of imec and have proven you bring value to the business. We count on your abilities to:
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Bring your experience with current (smart creative) talent needs and engaging leadership practices to the table.
- Promote a transparent, high-performing and innovative culture.
- Prioritize effectively and perform well with clear deadlines and deliverables.
What makes you a strong candidate?
- Your connection with our bright minds. Based on your ability to deal with complex situations and think fast and your drive to always look for root causes.
- Your drive for excellence and results and your eagerness to keep learning.
- Your languages: your English is proficient, your Dutch good (or you are willing to learn).
Your key responsibilities
- Partner with management to make sure they hire the best talent ànd lead them in ways that are both effective and engaging.
- Contribute to the definition of talent & leadership priorities and projects.
- Coordinate talent processes in your business unit (performance management, compensation reviews, promotions, development planning, talent reviews,…) and work with your colleagues to always keep these processes state-of-the-art and in line with talent expectations.
- Identify management and leadership development needs and make sure these are taken care of .
- Partner in organizational design and change processes and participate in creating high performance teams.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of innovative talent management projects.
- Manage employee and labor relations.
What can you expect?
- A multicultural company, with abundant opportunities to contribute and have a positive impact.
- A flexible, open and informal work environment combined with a strong drive for excellence.
- An opportunity to contribute to solutions for large societal challenges.
- A highly skilled HR team and a strong partnership between HR and our business units.
- Next to that, imec supports your personal growth and development. Also, your energy and commitment are appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
- The position requires weekly presence in our sites in Ghent and Leuven (the exact schedule will depend on priorities and own planning). Over time, also occasionally in Antwerp and Brussels.