i-Learn Junior Business Analyst
The i-Learn Program
Tailor-made learning is the international trend for future education. Imec leads the i-Learn program, which aims to implement qualitative and sustainable digital solutions for personalized learning in the Flemish educational system.
How will we facilitate that? By creating a portal that will host digital applications for personalized learning and by making the portal easily available to all Flemish schools and teachers. Training and coaching for teachers on how to best use these applications in their daily practice will also be a deliverable of the program.
Our partners for this program: KU Leuven, Ugent and RVO Society, in close cooperation with the Flemish Government. We are looking for a Business Analyst who will translate available pedagogical requirements into technical functionality requirements under the guidance of a dedicated, ICT Project Manager and in compliance with formally agreed specifications. The ideal profile is able to coordinate project activities with multiple software providers across public and private sector and across different sites, with a view to deliver user-friendly and secure tools that will positively impact teaching and learning.
What you will do
You will be responsible for executing the tendering and technical roll-out of didactical tools in the i-Learn program, under the guidance of the Project Manager, with multiple suppliers.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Understand the business needs outlined by the Program’s research team, for the portal and software applications, and how they translate into technical requirements.
- Prepare user stories
- Help the Project Manager ensure that the required technical needs (e.g. single sign on, access rights to data, interoperability requirements, needed APIs, cross-platform support, end-user helpdesk, version control, data backup, …) are unambiguously described in the tender documents, and later on in user stories.
- Verify the tender submissions and their conformity to the requirements specified in the tender.
- Support the Project Manager in verifying that the functionality delivered matches the requirements.
- Help monitor the rollout execution against the agreed time, budget, and quality targets.
- Identify issues and their root causes and propose a solution.
- Coordinate and support the business validation activities.
- Day-to-day coordination of the software providers.
- Adhere to defined quality assurance processes.
You will report to the Project Manager of the Technical Rollout of the i-Learn program.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- BA degree or equivalent in ICT/software implementation.
- Experience working in ICT/software implementation projects.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology ideally in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience in educational technology and the technical challenges related to deploying multiple software tools for end users with different devices, into a coherent solution with an intuitive and adaptive UI.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: manages multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent team player: shares knowledge and technical information timely and with clarity, to internal and external team members.
- Stakeholder-driven and customer focused: encourages a highly collaborative team environment.
- Result & timeline oriented: drives projects to closure and manages many simultaneous activities in a fast-paced environment.