ICT Software Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated ICT Software Engineer.
You will be part of the Manufacturing Execution and Definition team, which belongs to the corporate ICT applications group. Within this team people focus on the development, maintenance and support of software which is used in the different IMEC cleanrooms to support the production process.
The central component in the solution architecture is FAB300, a widely used MES (Manufacturing Execution System) within the semiconductor industry. Besides this Uniface is used for experiment definition and SAS for reporting.
Initially you will be involved in developments related to the FAB300 automation part. Fab300 is responsible for the automated management of several tools within the cleanroom. Automation is strategically important to limit errors and increase our throughput time. Automation code is written in FAB300’s own programming language, similar to VB script. You will also play an important role in the daily support and maintenance of the environment.
As a next step, other areas within the Manufacturing Execution and Definition team can be explored, both from a functional or technical perspective. .NET knowledge is an advantage (our ‘to be solution architecture’ is .NET based)
- You obtained a bachelor’s degree in ICT or a master’s degree in industrial sciences.
- Ideally you have a first relevant professional experience, but starters are very welcome to apply as well!
- You are passionate about software development and are very eager to learn and further develop your skills.
- You are open to work in a complex and demanding environment.
- You feel comfortable to apply the ICT governance processes and templates.
- Your excellent communication skills in Dutch & English allow you to build easily effective professional relationships with your colleagues and with external development resources.