Image Sensor Analog Design Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility.
Imec USA, based in Kissimee, FL, is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between Imec’s Belgian headquarters and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. We focus on R&D of imaging and sensing, high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, imec USA will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave imaging, infra-red imaging, LIDAR systems, and a broad range of sensors.
The Analog Design Engineer is responsible for advanced image sensor R&D. The successful candidate will be working on design and verification of the analog and mixed signal circuits, layout sensor architecture, as well as perform design reviews for IR and Time of Flight image sensor projects. Responsibilities include:
- CMOS image sensor design, Layout planning, circuit simulation, chip bring up and debug.
- Generate IP and design specification documentation
- Work closely with system and characterization engineers to provide design and simulation support for package and PCB board design needed for sensor validation
- Act as the technical expert to drive the projects from the intial conception of the system architecture to characterization (testing) and qualification for high volume production
- Interact with semiconductor foundries and PDK teams, and lead and manage tape outs
- You have Master’s degree or PhD (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant discipline
- You have 10+ years experience, including a combination of education and industry experience, in the design of complex analog circuits such as op amp, comparator, bandgap reference, ADC, DAC, LDO voltage regulator, and charge pump designs
- You Understand semiconductor pixel physics (noise, pinned photodiodes) and pixel array operation
- You have experience in column parallel architectures and switched capacitor circuits is required
- You have experience in high speed data interfaces
- You have experience in developing System Verilog and/or Verilog-A models
- You have experience with SKILL and PCELL generation
- You have experience in Verilog-AMS
- Expertise with Cadence design tools for design, layout, and verification, including Virtuoso, Spectre, and Ultrasim.
- Expertise with Unix and shell scripting
- You are fluent and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to present research and results to a broad audience
- You can translate your vision into tangible results
- Ability to Generate IP and design spec documentation
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec-int.com) and be convinced!