Imec Tenure Track
What you will do
- Develop an ambitious research program complementary with or within imec’s expertise domains.
- Starting from 2 PhD students and 1 post doc student, build and manage a strong research team and make it grow! You will hire, support and mentor this team in their research activities.
- Acquire competitive project financing and build out a network of collaboration both within and outside of imec.
- Strive for research excellence, publish on the highest scientific level and leave your scientific mark on sustainable progress.
What we do for you
In short, we will be the catalyst of your groundbreaking research. We offer you research freedom in combination with a permanent contract and the necessary financial possibilities to build out your research idea. We’ll give you a generous start-up package and the opportunity to hire 2 PhD students and a postdoc as members of your research team. You will also have access to our unique state-of-the-art facilities and to our network of industrial partners. Working at imec, an inspiring high-tech environment, you will receive the most advanced engineering support.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further develop your technical and personal skills.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for an ambitious researcher with a PhD degree and recent postdoc experience(s).
- An assigned or running ERC grant is a plus but not a requirement.
- We value your outstanding record of research achievements and publications in top-quality journals.
- We need your ability to pursue a program of innovative research and a strong commitment to mentor students.
- We appreciate your experience in project management and proposal writing.
- We value your ability to evaluate technical risk and drive decision-making.
- We are looking for your strong desire to learn and expand your skill set.
- You have excellent English communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
- Resume incl. list of publications and h-index. If applicable: list of your current, ongoing and submitted grants; patent(s); invited presentations; awards or prizes;
- Written presentation of your research proposal (max 5 pages) containing the following elements:
- Research plan/timing
- How does this fit within the imec mission?
- Oral pitch of your research proposal (link to Cammio online video tool will follow by email after submission of your application)
- Deadline for application is 15 January, 2020.