Business Development Consultant
For a maximum period of 9 months (in case of proven success there is the possibility of conversion to a permanent job) at our office in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and/or in Leuven (Belgium)
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Business Development Consultant for a maximum period of 9 months at Holst Centre/imec the Netherlands in Eindhoven.
The Internet-of-Things is becoming a reality in our smart cities, smart buildings, industry 4.0 and all around us. Nevertheless, there is a huge challenge in growing the IoT to the forecasted scale. Within the imec Intuitive IoT program, we develop new sensors, ultra-low power ICs and technologies for intuitive and secure interaction between people and their environment. We address the challenge of maintenance and management of IoT end nodes and build the technologies that enables the widespread vision on Trillions-of-IoT-nodes.
At imec we have a track record of more than 10 years of building industry-relevant ultra-low power sensors and ICs, demonstrated as an end-to-end solution with leading worldwide customers and partners.
As Business Development Consultant for the Intuitive IoT, you will focus your own tremendous drive for success on the acquisition of new and world-leading customers in this booming market and product segment. This imec research activity is mainly located in Holst Centre/imec the Netherlands in Eindhoven, yet in close collaboration with research groups located in imec Leuven, Belgium and the Business Development team in Leuven.
- You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Thanks to your technical and application knowledge related to IoT end point technologies like sensors, wireless ICs, and IoT end point technologies in general, you are able to capture which imec innovations will enable customer requirements.
- In close cooperation with the Program Management and with the worldwide account managers you create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven.
- You also contribute to business creation related to point-solutions in the field of low-power circuits, sensors, algorithms and trials.
- You advise the program management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You deliver in terms of generated annual value.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent through experience. A MBA degree is an additional benefit.
- A minimum of 5 years or more experience in sales and/or business development for advanced technology, systems, applications, preferably in the semiconductor market. Experience in a technical-commercial function in a research or advanced development environment is a strong plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the semiconductor and the IoT electronics markets since you will build and manage a portfolio of customers in this space. Broad technical knowledge (IC, sensors, algorithms, systems, embedded SW) and you are ideally specialist in at least one of these domains. You follow up the latest evolutions in this field. You are capable of benchmarking and validating the value of imec’s solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
- A strong and positive communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic. At the same time you are inquisitive, don't leave things open, and go for the most suitable process to close the deal.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- A team player, working closely with the technical teams, business team colleagues, and the regional account teams.
- Ability to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters.
- Enjoy regular traveling worldwide, travel percentage is approximately 20% and to work in our Leuven office on a frequent basis.
- Fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch to a basic level.
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field.