IoT Data Scientist
What you will do
Your main focus is to implement algorithms for Big-data applications for Gas&Ion sensors and the IoT-Solutions team. Applications include sensor development, smart-city and smart-building. Your tasks include:
- Development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. Including applications for synchronization, sensor compensation,
sensor calibration, and error correction.
- Interfacing with experts on artificial intelligence, data science, deep learning algorithms.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with system experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power
algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have relevant hands-on experience in machine learning, signal processing algorithm development (For PhD 2 years work experience, for Msc 5+ years).
- Solid understanding of statistical performance metrics, generic signal processing and machine learning tools.
- You have a good understanding of state-of-the-art algorithms, particularly in the fields of time-series analysis, multivariate analysis, estimation/classification (detection) theory and neural networks.
- Experience with air quality monitoring, smart-cities and smart-building systems is a plus.You hold a proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in software and algorithm design.
- Experience in programming tools MATLAB, R, Python. Knowledge Java/JS is a preferred.
- Knowledge in C/C++ is a plus. Knowledge in working with prevalent NoSql (e.g.,MongoDB) and SQL DBs.Experience with state-of-the-art cloud services e.g., Google GCP, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are a flexible team player, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and debugging, including
communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting. If you know someone who could be the right fit for the job click on ’refer’.