IoT & Mobile App Developer - OnePlanet Research Center
What you will do
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and
digital technology in food and health
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
As an IOT& Mobile App Developer at OnePlanet Research Center you will develop software prototypes for apps/dashboards supporting new sensing and data analytics technologies. You will be responsible for the software development of interfaces in a variety of projects in different research domains. You will join a highly skilled well-balanced team of junior and senior engineers and researchers with various backgrounds, operating from our office in Wageningen. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
We need you as an IoT & Mobile App Developer to:
- Be responsible for the software development of (graphical) user interfaces (apps/ dashboards) linking to different sensing technologies in a variety of projects in different research domains such as health and agriculture.
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers. Understand (internal or external) customer requirements and challenges and translate these into specifications and solutions to be incorporated in the design of the user interface.
- Validate and test the user interface functionality, user experience and so on.
- Start-up mentality with a tremendous drive to make a difference.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. This means that you work in an environment of globally respected research institutes/universities. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- To succeed in this role, you have 3-5 years of experience
in front-end development. You are comfortable with a number of the following
- Mobile: React Native, iOS app development, Java for Android,…
- Tools: Git, Docker, Jenkins.
- You are used to quickly learn new technologies (languages, libraries, patterns,…) and are able to efficiently translate requirements into user friendly functionality.
- You care about making high-quality user experiences.
- You're a strong team player. You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result driven.
- You are able to communicate to different parties, e.g. to outsource activities
It will be a plus if you have any experience with:
- Experience with agile way of working.
- Micro service architectures.
- Backend development.
We are looking for someone with a MSc in (Applied) Computer Science or similar and excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.