IP Business & Intelligence Specialist
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Imec’s IP (patent) portfolio and its IP ownership/licensing models are essential for its position as a world-wide leading R&D center. As IP Business & Intelligence Specialist you will:
- Mainly be involved in software, systems & applications related business cases;
- Provide an intellectual property model to support the contract negotiations from Business & Project Development;
- Assist the legal officer in drafting IP ownership, licensing and warranty clauses;
- Be the expert being directly in contact with external clients in challenging IP negotiations;
- Capture available IP within the organization (from IP portfolio and litigation group) and inform about related contractual provisions;
- Create and update our intellectual property strategy, aligned with R&D and business strategy;
- Contribute to the IP compliance.
The expansion of the team will enable more focus on:
- Provide IP intelligence (overview available IP, constraints, external IP landscape, IP Business offering and alignment);
- Co-manage Freedom-to-Operate (infringement/validity) cases with IP portfolio and litigation group and risk mitigation;
- Conduct internal debriefing and audits for due diligence.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Sciences, ideally, you have a background related to software, systems & applications.
- Knowledge of intellectual property (protection) and substantial training in licensing is a strong asset.
- You can report, discuss and advice in a concise and focused manner, both orally and written.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player, who likes abstract thinking and continuous learning attitude.
- You are a fast and autonomous decision taker.
- You can communicate fluently in English, both orally and written.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.