Jr./Sr. Device and FEOL Process Integration Engineers
What you will do
We are looking for both device and integration engineers to augment our advanced and exploratory device work at imec.
You will be working in imec’s Logic Technologies department, targeting device solutions for the 5nm technology nodes and beyond.
Responsibilities of the Jr./Sr. Device Engineers:
- You will coordinate FEOL module activities or device understanding and characterization with the primary focus towards the implementation of new ideas/concepts/flows on wafers in imec’s advanced 300mm fabrication facility.
- You will have to discuss process splits with the characterization and/or process step development engineers, to implement the splits into the process flow and take care of the follow-up of the processing in the imec pilot line.
- You will have to understand the interactions between the FEOL modules as well as the implications of the characterization and electrical data and guide the development work with these interactions in mind.
Responsibilities of the Jr./Sr. FEOL Process Integration Engineers:
- In addition to integration or device activities you will also take a major role in planning and will be required to communicate status and issues to your peers as well as the leadership team at imec.
- As a senior engineer you would also play a role in coordinating large scale projects and play and active role in defining and implementing imec’s logic device strategy.
Responsibilities for both jobs:
- Regardless of seniority, you will present your work at internal forums, to our partners and at international meetings.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We are looking for candidates with at least a Bachelor degree (Masters or PhD preferred) in applied or material sciences, preferably at least combined with 3 – 5 years relevant industrial experience; 10-15 year of experience expected for the senior positions.
- We value your experience operating in a 300mm fabrication environment (development or manufacturing)
- We need your good team and interaction skills to work together with other groups within the LT department, as well as with other departments and Fab Operations. This is a major requirement for this job.
- You are a self-starter and self-motivated. You are also flexible and be able to quickly adapt to new ideas and projects.
- We are looking forward to your experience in coordinating efforts across large teams.
- You like analyzing data, drawing conclusions and propose relevant follow up actions.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- We need your strong and convincing presentation skills to share your knowledge with your colleagues, with our industrial partners and at international meetings.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.