Junior Analog Layout Engineer
What you will do
- You will perform full custom analog and mixed-signal layout and physical verification of analog/mixed-signal ICs, from block level up to top level. Your daily challenge is to implement complex analog circuits designed by imec scientists.
- You will become a member of the Design Services group in the imec IC-link unit in Leuven. This team performs full custom analog design and library development. As a part of the newly created layout pool, you will serve several analog design teams in imec.
- Delivering a high quality is essential for you to guarantee the best possible solution for our partners.
What we do for you
For more than 25 years, imec’s IC-link unit has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec IC-link helps its customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production stage. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design, assembly and test. Imec IC-link has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication and test of advanced electronic products.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master degree in industrial sciences option Electronics. You know the basics of analog circuit design and are familiar with the full-custom analog layout flow. Ideally, you can rely on 2 to 3 years of experience as an Analog Mixed-Signal Layout Engineer in an industrial environment.
- You have excellent communication skills (English is a must) and can work within a strong international team.
- You have a good understanding of:
- Analog layout concepts (matching, shielding, isolation, ...)
- Reliability aspects (ESD, power routing, Latch-up, Electro migration, ...)
- Physical verification tools
- You work autonomously, report on the project status and deliver against agreed upon deadlines.
- Experience with RF layout and FinFet technology is a plus.