Junior Process Step Engineer for D2W Heterogeneous Assembly
Die to Wafer (D2W) Assembly
Miniaturization of system size and increasing functionality are a major driving force in most electronics applications. The continiuous scaling of IC’s, and the advent of more compact system integration technologies make this possible. Within its affiliation programs and bilateral initiatives, imec contributes to the state of the art in a significant manner. Thanks to the recent advances in Wafer Level Packaging processes, novel types of components impossible to manufacture with standard silicon components are now envisioned. Indeed, it is now possible combine various semiconductor materials and functions onto a 300mm silicon substrate. Such combination is made possible through the development of die to wafer assemblies. To support the growing interest in these activities, we are looking for a Junior Process Step Engineer for D2W assembly.
What you will do
You are member of the Bonding, Transfer and Assembly Group (BTA), which is responsible for developing processes requested by the process integration departments running imec’s CORE and CMORE programs. You work in a team of about nine people with whom you interact on a daily basis. You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with Researchers, Scientists, Hardware Engineers, Operations, Equipment Vendors, Industrial Assignees, Device and Process experts.
As a junior process step engineer, you will be participating to the development of new bonding and assembly processes. For this, you work mainly in the cleanroom and you are teaming with R&D Engineers staff to carry out the developments. You are involved in research activities where D2W layer transfer is required (3D, Imagers, OIO, Beyond CMOS).
More specifically, you will:
- Define, organize and validate process development & materials required in the wafer level and die to wafer bonding, incl. die pick and place and all associated required metrology.
- Actively contribute to the research programs and joint development programs with external partners.
- Work cross-functionally with the integration/process support/hardware teams and industrial partners.
- Report about your work to internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with R&D Engineers and researchers from various teams.
You will be coached on-the-job by senior team members.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You preferably have a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science or Engineering (or equivalent level through experience.)
- Experience in assembly processes and semiconductor materials background including characterization / FA is beneficial.
- You will actively participate in cross-functional teams and projects when required.
- You are an enthusiastic and creative team player with strong networking, communication and reporting skills who likes to work in a multicultural team of imec researchers.
- You are working autonomously, well-organized, with a good attention to detail and you set high standards in everything you do.
- You are interested in working hands-on in a clean room environment.
- Since your job consists of a variety of activities, depending on the needs of the imec research programs, a flexible attitude towards your tasks is required.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.