Machine Learning and AI Expert
What you will do
- Drive the imec strategy & roadmap for building a specialized machine learning technology and architecture from the algorithm side;
- Drive algorithm level optimization to enable energy-efficient and robust machine learning solutions in imec’s technology: quantize to low precision, propagate critical device properties like variability to application level;
- In the longer term, co-architect with the rest of the team methods and architectures for on-device, low-energy training or learning;
- Do research of new algorithm and technology trends; come up with suggestions and subsequent deployment.
What we do for you
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics or Computer Science Engineering, with at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience in deep learning or a PhD in machine learning or deep learning with a few years of industrial or academic experience
- Based on your expertise, you can form a long-term vision and can collaborate with drive and your peers towards this goal.
- You have a good understanding of various forms of neural networks (CNN, LSTM, spiking neural networks)
- You have experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow.
- You have knowledge of hardware architectures for deep learning. Experience with mapping deep learning algorithms on hardware (GPU or others) is a big plus
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.