Machine Learning Scientist for Cognitive Edge Application
What you will do
Imec has a substantial and growing program on millimeter-wave radar sensors and other IoT sensor technologies. Our activities include the design and implementation of these advanced mixed-signal CMOS SoCs in as well as building application-level demonstrators. Dramatic cost and size reduction have made it possible to use radars, event-based cameras and other sensor technologies in exciting new application domains such as smart vehicles, smart building, smart cities, e-health; IoT in general.
Adding machine learning on top really opens a whole new set of possibilities: classification, tracking, health monitoring, automation, etc. Nevertheless, application at the cognitive edge also require low latency and ultra-low power ML solutions. Therefore, we are aiming to develop novel ML architectures that can be deployed at the cognitive edge fulfilling the unique requirements of this application domain.
The job will consist in:
- Support the team to develop and implement ML algorithms for sophisticated sensor applications in different domains such as smart mobility, smart home/building, e-health and surveillance/security
- A crucial aspect of the work will be to bridge the gap between theory/simulations and practical, small form factor and real-time implementations
- Contribute to publications of your research in conferences and journals
- Help identifying new applications and will be able to contribute to our research roadmap
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or equivalent through experience) in electrical engineering, with a strong background in machine learning and signal processing. Experience with spiking neural networks is a plus.
- You are familiar with topics such as deterministic and stochastic signal processing, Kalman filtering, Bayesian estimation, PCA, SVM, CNN, SNN, LSTM, etc.
- You have a record of machine learning and/or signal processing publications.
- You have good understanding of TensorFlow and Matlab. Experience with C/C++ and Python is a plus.
- Given the international multi-disciplinary environment, you are fluent in English and have good communications and reporting skills.
- You are a motivated team player, but you can work independently on complex problems.
- You are okey with occasional travel.