Machine Learning Scientist for Radar Applications
What you will do
Imec has a substantial and growing program on millimeter-wave radar sensors. Our radar activities include the design and implementation of these advanced mixed-signal CMOS SoCs in as well as building application-level demonstrators.
Dramatic cost and size reduction has made it possible to use radars in exciting new application domains such as smart vehicles, smart building, smart cities, e-health; IoT in general. Depending on the application, radar processing ranges from basic operations (filters, FFTs) to very sophisticated. Adding machine learning on top really opens up a whole new set of possibilities: classification, tracking, health monitoring, automation, etc. We are currently looking for an experienced researcher in machine learning and signal processing to grow our radar team.
Your main tasks will be to:
- support the team to develop and implement algorithms for sophisticated millimeter-wave radar applications in different domains such as smart mobility, smart home/building, e-health and surveillance/security.
- bridge the gap between theory/simulations and practical, small form factor and real-time implementations.
- contribute to publications of your research in conferences and journals.
- help identifying new applications and contribute to our research roadmap.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or equivalent through experience) in electrical engineering, with a strong background in signal processing and machine learning. Experience with radar signal processing is a plus.
- You are familiar with topics such as deterministic and stochastic signal processing, Kalman filtering, Bayesian estimation, PCA, SVM, CNN, LSTM, etc.
- You have a record of signal processing and/or machine learning publications.
- You have good understanding of Matlab and C/C++. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Given the international multi-disciplinary environment, you are fluent in English and have good communications and reporting skills.
- You are a motivated team player, yet can work independently on complex problems.
- You are OK with occasional travel.