Manager Etch Process Development
What you will do
- This position requires inspiring technical leadership in the area of Etch process development for a team of about 20 qualified R&D staff. You will lead the Etch process development team. You manage the resources and people of the group, using imec’s HR tools and guidelines.
- You have the overall responsibility to address the next technologies challenges and to determine together with integration the best patterning strategy to be able to deliver in a timely & efficient manner Etch process solutions.
- You will be in charge of the Joint Development Programs with the different suppliers. You will interact with the partners to organize knowledge transfer of the etch process development to their team. You will actively collaborate with Programs and integration groups to build consistent and efficient working flows, in the idea of improving the efficiency of the overall organization. Together with experts from each respective field and based on input from the partners, you develop a short and long term strategic plan for the team. You translate goals into specific milestones for the team members. You set the right priorities in order to ensure high quality R&D and follow up on work progress and planning in order to reach those milestones. You also organize and facilitate optimal communication inside and outside the team in order to inform the programs and other organizations on progress and problem areas.
- You follow up on new technology trends and guarantee the readiness of the team for next generation technology nodes at any time. Finally you establish a proper network with imec partners, with a special focus on the vital relationship with different Etch suppliers.
- You will also be active in managing the operational aspect of your team to monitor and guaranty a fast learning cycle and an efficient usage of the wafers. You will be the interface with the hard ware, engineering teams to secure an high uptime of the tools together with a latest capability.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that shape the future. Together, we provide the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We value your PhD (or a Master degree with equivalent experience) in Science or Applied Science.
- With your technical expertise and at least 10-15 years of industrial experience in Etch process development and integration knowledge you can make the difference.
- You have a proven track record and experience in people, operational management and technical team leadership.
- Your enthusiasm and drive enable you to reach the ambitious team objectives.
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English is required.