Mask Design and Tape-out Engineer
What you will do
- You will join the DST (Design Support and Tape-out) team within Specialty Components Developments department.
- You will support designs that involve the most advanced technologies for logic scaling, Si Photonics, Imagers, Life Science and other specialties.
- After an extensive training by our team, you will get the responsibility of taking in layouts, performing DRC, doing chip finishing, preparing the mask data and ordering the masks.
- You will prepare the documentation for mask introduction in our Pilot Line.
- You will interact with mask vendors for ordering and delivering of the masks.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international and multicultural team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance, long term disability insurance and a pension plan. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Imec offers various training possibilities and social services such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or higher degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related areas with 1-2 years relevant experience. Preferably you have knowledge of semiconductor and Microelectronics process workflow.
- You are familiar with mask design flow, layout, floor planning, DRC verification.
- You have basic knowledge of Unix and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso, Mentor Calibre and Synopsys CATS is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with mask shops is a plus.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- You can work independently, customer minded and with respect for the timing.
- You are fluent in English.