Material Support Integration Engineer
What you will do
The smaller the dimensions of transistors become, the more new materials (V, In, Pd, Re, ...) are being introduced in the manufacturing process of a chip (IC). An important part of the research at imec is focused on exploring new materials and material combinations. Unfortunately these new materials are not always compatible with the semiconductor Si. In order to detect a potential contamination during experiments, the screening of material characteristics, cross-contamination and the evaluation of measurement techniques are an essential part of the research. After the screening- and evaluation phase, suitable working procedures and monitor systems are defined to ensure experiments can be done without impact to other activities in the pilot line. As a Material Engineer you are responsible to manage this area, based on a clear strategy. You support the introduction of new materials and ensures the definition of the working procedures, to ensure we are able to work with new materials.
- After a period of training in Process / Measurement techniques and IC processing, you will start your job, with proper support.
- You are responsible to expand the current contamination strategy for both our Fab1 and Fab2 pilot lines.
- You validate requests of customers (integration and scientific research) and you assess the boundary conditions/rules to ensure research of new materials remains feasible.
- You follow-up on different projects in detail with good sense of urgency. You make correct analyses and take the necessary decisions.
- You coordinate the tasks and responsibilities of the expert users and guarantee close follow up.
- You provide training on relevant topics, customized for different target audiences.
- You work with integration engineers, scientists and manufacturing engineers.
- You coordinate material studies and contamination experiments.
- You explore the new material needs and measurement techniques and stay up to date by building a strong network in- and outside imec.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Who you are
- You have a Master/PhD degree in Science (Physics/Chemistry), in Engineering (Material Research/ Physics/Chemistry) or equal by experience.
- You have strong knowledge of material characteristics and solid material physics.
- Basic knowledge of semiconductor is advisable.
- You take ownership and take all factors into account when deciding.
- You are assertive and initiate actions when needed. You have a pro-active approach.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.