miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. miDiagnostics’ passion is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
miDiagnostics is looking for an experienced, talented and versatile mechanical engineer to lead our in-house technical prototyping activities and to actively contribute to the design and development of miDiagnostics’ advanced Point of Care medical diagnostics products.
Profile and competences
- BS degree with 1-4 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science or Bioengineering (with strong background in mechanical design and manufacturing) required
- Motivated to contribute in designing, developing, and sustaining in-vitro diagnostics prototype consumables and lab instrumentation working within an ISO 13485 compliant environment
- Become a process matter expert on part prototyping including but not restricted to laminating technology, high-precision laser processing and micromachining
- Passionate about converting ideas into working prototypes
- Analyze and adapt the design to facilitate manufacturing and/or assembly while preserving the initial design concept
- Own the rapid prototyping manufacturing process until manufacturing/assembly process is sufficiently stable to enable design concept testing
- Experience in complex plastic part prototyping and design for manufacturability
- Contribute in the transfer of troubleshooting knowledge and assist contract manufacturers as new problems arise
- Provide engineering and troubleshooting support to assay integration and development teams
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of mechanica
- Engineering fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience with the mechanical design of complex parts and assemblies; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics and materials
- Solid understanding of techniques of high-precision prototyping such as micro-milling, micro-machining and high-precision laser processing (cutting, drilling)
- Ability to utilize root cause analysis techniques for mechanical parts and assemblies
- Willingness to learn operating, maintaining, developing flexible manufacturing equipment (such as tabletop milling machine and high-precision laser processing workstation)
- Experience in data acquisition and instrument control programming platforms, such as Lab VIEW is desirable
- Proficient with CAD (SolidWorks preferred) including GD&T standards
- Experience designing, assembling, and troubleshooting lab instrumentation combining optics, fluidics and electronics is a strong plus
- Experience with popular software used for part prototyping such as EXCELLON, GERBER, GCODE is desirable
- Experience with data analysis, and tolerance analysis techniques is desirable
- Experience with modeling tools (e.g. FEA, CFD) is a plus.
- Hands-on, self-directed, organized, conscientious
- Strong problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Consistent delivery of timely, accurate and thorough work product
- Production of accurate, complete, and concise documentation of results
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, continually changing environment
- Ability to work effectively and establish constructive working relationships.
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven, Belgium
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.