MEMS characterization engineer
What you will do
Within imec’s Specialty components department, our team’s research activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators. As a designer of novel multi-physics transducers and systems, you will collaborate closely with the process technology, and characterization teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
In this job, your main responsibilities will be:
- participate to the creation of new design in existing technologies and technologies under development and characterize them
- build new set-up for MEMS characterization
- maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities
- collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master or PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in conceptual system design and system testing is an asset.
- Good knowledge and interest in design techniques and design environment is an asset.
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.