MEMS Design Engineer
What you will do
- You will create and implement novel designs in existing technologies and technologies under development. More specific, you will design a new generation of micro-actuators in polymer technology in order to create micro-pumps and valves.
- You will organize and perform the characterization of the designed devices.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design activities.
- You will contribute to the development of novel modeling techniques for Multiphysic Systems.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
What we do for you
Who you are
- Master or PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience. Good knowledge and interest in multiphysic modeling, design techniques and design environment is an asset.
- Proven experience in conceptual system design and system testing is an asset.
- Proficient in use of multiphysic design software such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.