Microfluidics Designer Life Science Technologies
What you will do
- You will design novel microfluidic devices for life sciences applications. This includes: perform simulation, modeling and analytical evaluation of device performance using tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab or other equivalent software packages. You also provide input for integration, system, assay and manufacturing teams. You adapt designs based on overall system constraints. You evaluate device robustness and design fault-tolerant microfluidic systems.
- Manage time effectively is important: you work according to aggressive project schedules. You respect the agreed customer timelines and report on progress. You quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, bio-engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic device design for life science applications. Candidates with a Master’s degree and relevant experience will also be considered. Industry experience is a plus.
- You are a team player, you enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team. You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- It is essential that you have strong analytical skills and can analyze microfluidic systems using both analytical and numerical methods.
- You are experienced with ANSYS, COMSOL, or other equivalent tools for numerical modeling.
- You are familiar with microfluidics products and existing device solutions.