Postdoctoral Researcher Reliability of VCMA-MRAM for ultra-low power GHz operation
What you will do
- You will make electrical experiments and analysis to study reliability characteristics of MTJ devices designed for VCMA operation, such as switching characteristics, breakdown voltage, TDDB, write error rates, etc.
- Your learnings will feed back to the design of thin film stack and process of MTJ device.
- Your study on the reliability characteristics of VCMA-based devices will extend to the comparison with STT- and SOT-based devices.
- You will be the member of memory device team with experts on various types of memory device. Communication and collaboration are important in memory device team but are more important with those from other teams contributing to MRAM, such as thin film, etch, integration, and reliability teams. Most important collaboration is with MRAM device researchers.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or relevant disciplines.
- You have in-depth understanding of the operation of MTJ device and the reliability of thin oxide layers, or at least one of the two.
- You have publications of the experimental works on the operation of MTJ device and the reliability of thin oxide layers, or at least one of the two.
- You can analyse a lot of measurement data using softwares such as Origin, JMP, Excel, or with scripts with python, MATLAB, C, etc.
- You are willing to discuss your results and conclusions with team members, and are good at communicating in English.