Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated job title.
You take part in the development of the next generation neuromorphic solutions. Your focus is on developing an innovative application prototype using neural network algorithms and combining the achievements from Holst Centre technology research (IC’s and sensors) with
state-of-art components. Apart from designing embedded prototypes, you conduct research in new neural network architectures, both in hardware and software. You collect the requirements from various stakeholders and build a software solution. In collaboration with IC designers, you propose new neuromorphic IC architectures. Together with our application researchers, you will demonstrate these new designs and concepts in compelling demonstrators.
Your responsibilities include:
- Feed the neuromorphic IC designs with innovative implementations and new algorithms based on real applications.
- Develop embedded hard- and software prototypes that uses neural algorithms and or neuromorphic IC’s.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Test, characterize and evaluate (parts of) the prototypes.
- Demonstrate the prototypes and solutions to our partners and prospects.
- Publish your results in high level journals and conferences.
- Deliver results on time in line with the roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of our neuromorphic roadmap.
- PhD in Computer Science or Electronical Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in neural networks or neuromorphic IC design.
- Proven experience in actively building applications and adapting neural algorithms in order to improve performance.
- Hands on experience with neural networks and various simulators.
- Experience in designing embedded hard- and software is preferred.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Flexible team player, actively helps other team members.
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences.
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken).
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.