Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Project Leader.
As a project leader you are the internal operational manager for all the projects within the CMORE technologies’ department.
Your role will include following responsibilities:
- You keep an overview of all the projects in the department and take the lead of the overall priority management. You are in charge of short term project status tracking and proactively look for and prevent potential showstoppers that cause delays in projects. You are responsible for the departments’ resource management.
- You ensure accurate periodical reports on the departments’ KPI’s such as on-time delivery of LVP projects, resources, quality, cycle-time (with focus on integration holds), publications, patents,...
- You support and advise the department through ad hoc analysis and decision support analysis.
- You act as quality ambassador for the department and ensure quality calls are acted upon in a timely manner. Also, you initiate and execute quality improvement projects.
- You manage the quota for material research requests.
- You cultivate an operational excellence mentality in the department and initiate and execute operational improvement projects.
- Also, you have a role as Information Security Ambassador. This means that you act as first point of contact regarding information security in the department and that you follow-up on the implementation of the imec wide IS strategy.
- You have a Master degree and at least 5 years of experience in project management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools is a must (Power Point, Excel Pivot tables, ...)
- Experience with data analysis tools or reporting environments is a strong asset (SAS BI, MS Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, ...)
- Programming experience is a strong asset (SAS, R, Excel VBA, Python, ...)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a convincing communication style.
- You have a good understanding of process integration.
- You are willing to take up the challenge of reaching the ambitious objectives of the department.
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- You are a team player.
- Fluency in English is required as this is an international environment.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!