Operations Officer – Life Sciences Technologies
What you will do
As an operations officer, you will support multiple teams and managers to monitor and streamline reporting on project status, timelines, budgets and other critical department KPI’s.
Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- You will work with management and other stakeholders to customize and deploy imec’s software tools for reporting on all running activities in the department, including status of deliverables, critical milestones, and resource allocation. This will include development of standardized SharePoint sites and aggregation of information from multiple sites to generate summary reports for management.
- You ensure accurate reports on key department KPI’s such as publications, patents, and resource budgets. Again, customization of software tools to extract data from multiple databases to generate historical reports and trend charts will be your responsibility.
- Where needed, you will report in department staff meetings but you will also engage with other operations teams within the broader organization to implement best practices.
- You support a culture of operational excellence in the department and you will be expected to initiate and execute operational improvement projects together with other stakeholders both inside and outside the department.
- You have a role as Information Security Ambassador. This means that you act as first point of contact regarding information security in the department and that you follow-up on the implementation of the imec wide information security strategy.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent education and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools is a must (SharePoint, Power Point, Excel Pivot tables, Project, Dynamics, etc)
- Experience with data analysis tools or reporting environments is a strong asset (SAS BI, MS Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, etc)
- Programming experience is a strong asset (SAS, R, Excel VBA, Python, etc)
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- You are a team player.
- Fluency in English is required as this is an international environment.