What you will do
We are searching for a motivated optical design engineer to engage in the research and development of integrated, solid-state photonic systems. The successful candidate will work on integrated optics, with a focus on flat lens design.
Your main tasks will be:
- Use analytical design techniques as well as simulation tools to design flat lenses in and integrated platforms.
- Produce test masks, including design of experiments and layout.
- Build and use advanced optical setups to characterize these devices with respect to optical performance.
- Form part of an integrated photonics team and collaborate on projects requiring optics.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in optic/photonic engineering or equivalent.
- At least one additional experience (postdoc or industrial) is preferred.
- A good understanding of general concepts in physics is required, especially in optics or electromagnetics.
- Knowledge of lens design, flat lenses or meta lenses is strongly recommended.
- You are experienced in building and using optical setups
- A background knowledge in nanofabrication is an asset
- You are able to work independently, as well as function effectively within a team
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.