PDK CAD Engineer
What you will do
You will participate in the activities of a team of analog, library and memory designers. The team is creating and supporting imec’s own Design Against Radiation Effects (DARE) solutions in co-operation with the European Space Agency.
You will be responsible for installing/configuring, managing and customizing the PDK. You will evolve in a team dedicated to the full custom design and library development. You will also support other imec design teams.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Set up, develop and maintain the PDK from different technologies (according to the project needs)
- Skill code maintenance, ruleset development and scripting.
- Wiki/trac management/design data tool management, versioning...
What we do for you
Imec is not only one of the world's leading nanotechnology research organizations but is also one of the most advanced and comprehensive design services partners. Imec's IC-link division has an extensive industrial experience that makes it a trusted partner to provide technical support in the areas of layout, prototyping, fabrication, and the testing of advanced electronic products. Imec IC-link’s full custom analog and library design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with library design and analog implementation services and is developing radiation hardened IC building blocks for use in a.o. space missions and high-energy physics experiments.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Electronics or equivalent with 10 or more years’ industrial experience.
- You are well organized and proactive.
- You are able to manage priorities and organize your work.
- You have CAD and PDK setup and customization experience.
- You are familiar with scripting language (skill, shell, python/perl, tcl, makefile ...) and with versioning tool like svn.
- You are familiar with Calibre/PVS deck: able to modify an existing deck, create new deck...
- You manage several tasks in parallel according to the priorities. You are polyvalent.