Photonics Device & Integration Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Photonics Device & Integration Engineer.
As a Photonics Device & Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Generating, developing and demonstrating novel device concepts to push the state of the art in silicon photonic integration.
- Contributing to process integration for manufacturing novel devices in an advanced CMOS pilot line.
- Defining design-for-manufacturability (DfM) and design-for-test (DfT) methodologies for photonic components.
- Defining and carrying out development plans, including design of experiment, risk mitigation and evaluation.
- Streamlining project execution by interacting with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers
- Reporting project results to internal and external stakeholders including imec partners and customers.
- Reporting to the scientific community at conferences or in scientific journals.
- Staying on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmarking imec’s solutions.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- obtained a Ph.D. of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics, with a focus on semiconductor devices physics and semiconductor process technology.
- at least 3 years of experience in photonics device design and simulation.
- preferably a minimum of 2 years of experience in semiconductor processing/silicon photonic integration.
- an enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- able to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- excellent English communication skills.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.