Photonics PDK Engineer
What you will do
- Your role is to develop and maintain Process Design Kits (PDK) to support research and development by internal and external customers working with our Si Photonics Platform.
- You collaborate with device designers, process integration engineers and test engineers to best model the platforms characteristics.
- You strive for quality in the PDKs to best enable our users.
- You support internal and external customers layouting for imec’s photonics platforms.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- As a photonics PDK engineer, you have a Master degree or PhD in Electronics Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with programming experience (Python knowledge is a plus), and awareness of software engineering best practices (git and test automation).
- A background of semiconductor devices physics and fabrication is beneficial, preferably experience in integrated optics.
- Some experience with electronics, photonics or MEMS circuit design, layout and verification flow. Calibre knowledge is an asset.
- You are customer focused and detail-oriented, with excellent English communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.