Photonics PDK Engineer
What you will do
- Your role is to develop and maintain Process Design Kits (PDK) to support research and development by internal and external customers working with our Silicon Photonics Platform.
- You collaborate with device designers, process integration engineers and test engineers to describe the platforms characteristics and define the design space.
- You work with our EPDA partners to make our PDK available in their design environment.
- You strive for quality in the PDKs to best enable our end users.
- You support internal and external customers layouting for imec’s photonics platforms.
What we do for you
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- As a photonics PDK engineer, you have a Master degree or PhD in Electronics Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with programming experience (Python and Unix knowledge are a plus), and aware of software engineering best practices (git and test automation).
- A background of semiconductor devices physics and fabrication is necessary, preferably with experience in integrated optics.
- Some experience with electronics, photonics or MEMS circuit design, layout and verification flow. Calibre and Virtuoso knowledge are assets.
- You are customer focused and detail-oriented, with excellent English communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.