What you will do
The characteristic of many materials can be revealed from the frequency response of the impedance, from 10s MHz up to 10s GHz. In such wideband sensing applications, the fully-integrated broadband transceivers with a build-in frequency generation (e.g., PLLs) that can operate over a very wide frequency range (over 3 decades) are one of the most critical components of such systems. Moreover, the circuit impairments, e.g., linearity, noise, etc., need to be carefully addressed over such wide frequency range, in order to achieve high sensing precision. Last but not least, standard CMOS technologies are used to reduce the cost of manufacturing and system integration, enabling wide range of sensing applications. However, the lossy passive component and leaky substrate in CMOS process makes such broadband design very challenging.
As a new member in our Perceptive Systems team you will:
- Understand and build an electrical model of the bioparticles.
- Architect and implement broadband (MHz-10GHz) transceiver SoCs for sensing applications, including innovative methods and circuits.
- Design innovative circuits as part of a microwave wideband wireless system.
Come up with new ideas and/or new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
What we do for you
We are pleased to offer you an opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your chance to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to support and guide you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution and the one of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits
You will collaborate with the Holst Center in The Netherlands. In 2005 imec and TNO (The Netherlands) have set up Holst Centre with support from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Government of Flanders. Holst Centre is an independent open-innovation R&D center that develops generic technologies for Wireless Autonomous Sensor Technologies and Flexible Electronics. A key feature of Holst Centre is its partnership model with industry and academia based around shared roadmaps and programs. This kind of cross-fertilization enables Holst Centre to tune industrial needs into scientific strategy. Holst Centre focuses on bridging the gap between academic research and industrialization. The centre is located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven and has over 200 employees.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in electronical engineering.
- Ideally, you have 3-5 years of experience in RFIC (Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit) design. Experience in wideband design is a plus.
- We are happy to hear about your interest in cutting-edge sensing applications.
- We appreciate your solid understanding of transistors, circuits and transceiver architectures.
- We need your hands-on experience in PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design, circuit and system evaluation.
- We are looking for your knowledge of transceiver architectures and wideband systems.
- We acknowledge your relevant experience in:
- TSMC 180nm/130nm/90nm/40nm standard CMOS;
- Cadence IC6;
- Electromagnetic or EM simulation tool, e.g., EMX, ADS, HFSS, Comsol.
- We admire your solid communication skills in English as you will work in multi-disciplinary design teams.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not considered).
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.