Postdoctoral Researcher Microarchitectural Design and Optimization for 3D Integration
What you will do
- Profiling and identifying interesting use cases of 3D integrations for various applications such as high-performance/servers, mobile, and IoTs.
- Re-thinking of the conventional design approach and innovating the micro-architecture of microprocessors for 3D technologies.
- System-level modeling and holistic assessment considering Power-Performance-Area-Cost (PPAC) impacts of such 3D solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in the field of Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- We are looking for your RTL design experiences with Verilog/VHDL, computer architectures, accelerators & many-core micro-architecture, digital circuit designs, and experiences in using commercial logic synthesis and place-and-route (Cadence, Synopsys) is a plus.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We value your excellent networking and communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural environment.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).