Exploration of Computation near Storage
What you will do
- Propose solution to tackle the Memory wall and data transaction overhead by means of innovative architectural “Compute Near Storage Solutions”
- Explore how the compute should be integrated with conventional and emerging storage technologies, for several data-dominated applications, analyzing the trade-offs in performance and power.
- Integrate proposed architectures into a larger full-system simulation framework, based on gem5, so that the resulting system power and performance benefits can be accurately assessed.
- Be a part of a multi-disciplinary team, in close interaction with technology and circuit-level considerations, that will provide realistic inputs to ensure accurate and reliable simulations.
- Set the roadmap for the computer systems of the future.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive scolarship.
Who you are
- You have a Ph.D. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- We need your experience with memory subsystems and computer architecture
- We are looking for your knowledge in next generation memory technologies
- You have experience in development of architectural simulator (gem5)
- We value your experience with industry-standard EDA tools like Cadence/Synopsys, specifically system modeling tools and languages: SystemC, Platform Architect or similar.
- We are looking for a good team player and your ability to work independently
- You have excellent English communication skills and enjoy working in a multicultural environment