Postdoctoral Researcher in Atom Probe Tomography
What you will do
- You will unravel atomistic processes on the tip surface (and beyond), their root-causes, physical driving forces and impact on the reconstructed APT data.
- You will have vast access to a LEAP 5000XR and a LAWATAP with multiple laser wavelengths and FIM.
- You will have access to complementary analysis techniques applicable to atom probe specimens such as (S)TEM (tomography) and the innovative scanning probe metrology concept developed at imec.
- You will independently prepare atom probe specimens, perform atom probe and/or field ion microscopy and use/develop advanced data analysis routines.
- You will have access to very advanced semiconductor devices and novel materials enabling to explore and demonstrate your progress on state-of-the-art material systems.
- Your research work might involve theoretical studies using relevant frameworks such as field evaporation simulations, atomistic and nanoscopic simulation, etc. in strive for a high-level understanding.
- You will report on your research activity and publish your research results in peer-reviewed journals in a timely fashion.
- You will share your knowledge with colleagues and provide scientific guidance to PhD/Master students.
- You will be integrated in a young and motivated team of researchers and PhD students active in the field, exploring tip shape analysis (using patented SPM technology), novel reconstruction algorithms, data inaccuracies (multi hit analysis, biased composition, ...).
- You will be working in close contact to other teams (TEM, SPM, ...) in the materials and component analysis group (MCA) at imec.
- You are exposed to the international partners of imec, representing all major semiconductor companies.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive scholarship with a duration of 2 years.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in physics, engineering, nanoscience or equivalent.
- You are knowledgeable about the physical mechanisms underpinning atom probe and/or field ion microscopy.
- We value your hands-on experience in the field including sample preparation using focused ion beam techniques and advanced data analysis.
- You have an excellent track-record (peer-reviewed publication, conferences) of your creative and innovative research in this field.
- You can effectively communicate your research results to an international, scientific audience.
- You are a highly motivated team player with an independent work attitude.