Postdoctoral Researcher Monolithic III-V Lasers on Si for SWIR Sensing Applications
What you will do
- Monolithic III-V on Si material/device characterization: micro-PL, EL, LIV, ... (50%);
- Monolithic III-V on Si laser (electro-optical) modeling, design and layout: Synopsys - Sentaurus, Lumerical, IPKiss, ... (30%);
- Lab and clean-room device fabrication (10%);
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders (5%);
- Reporting to the scientific community at conferences or in scientific journals (5%).
What we do for you
Who you are
- You obtained a Ph.D. of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics
- We are looking for your 3+ years hands-on experience in characterization of III-V semiconductor optoelectronic devices
- We need your 2+ years hands-on experience in simulation/design of III-V semiconductor optoelectronic devices
- We value your 1+ years hands-on experience in clean-room fabrication (of photonic devices)
- Your experience with integrated (silicon) photonics is a plus.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision.
- You show excellent English communication skills and willing to work in a multicultural environment.