University of Antwerp – imec IDLab Research group
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
What you will do
- You are conducting research on reinforcement learning, often through collaborative projects with industrial and academic partners.
- You develop project proposals for the European Horizon 2020 Program and national projects, both in fundamental and collaborative programs.
- You interface and collaborate on a technical level with research partners from industry and academia.
- You will be responsible for the management of one or more projects in the domain of reinforcement learning specifically and machine learning in general.
- You have the ability to conduct both fundamental research as well as applied research on application domains such as smart cities, industry 4.0, robotics, logistics & mobility.
- You will participate in the framework of European and national research projects (in collaboration with industry).
- You publish and present results both at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- You supervise and assist PhD students during their PhD study.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree of Science, preferably in Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have (or will receive within a few months) a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics or similar.
- Your research expertise is in the area of reinforcement learning or machine learning in general.
- Your PhD degree is preferably in the area of machine learning.
- You have published in high-ranking conferences and journals in the field.
- Having experience with managing and supervising team members is an advantage.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
For more information contact Hanne Everts – firstname.lastname@example.org