University of Antwerp – imec IDLab Research group
The IDLab research group of imec and the University of Antwerp performs fundamental and applied research on internet technologies and data science. The overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and data mining; semantic intelligence; distributed intelligence for IoT; cloud and big data infrastructures; multimedia coding and delivery; wireless and fixed networking; electromagnetics, RF and high-speed circuits and systems. Within Antwerp, IDLab specifically focuses on wireless networking and distributed intelligence. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
For further development of the IDLab distributed intelligence research cluster, we are looking for a post-doctoral researcher in the domain of distributed deep learning.
- You are conducting research on novel deep learning algorithms with a strong focus on distribution. This includes the following possible topics (The exact topics depend on the candidate’s interest and qualification):
- Distributed deep reinforcement learning
- Distributed deep learning
- Management of distributed deep learning frameworks
- Novel learning architectures and approaches (e.g., HTM, GAN)
- Distributed neuromorphic computing
- Transfer learning
- Interconnection of (heterogeneous) learning platforms
- You have the ability to conduct both fundamental research as well as applied on application domains such as robotics, network management and autonomous vehicles.
- You will have access to imec’s neuromorphic computing hardware.
- You have the opportunity to co-define IDLab’s future roadmap on distributed intelligence.
- You will participate in the framework of European and national research projects (in collaboration with industry).
- You publish and present results both at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- You supervise and assist PhD students during their PhD study.
- You develop project proposals for the European Horizon 2020 Program and national projects, both in fundamental and collaborative programs.
- You have a Masters of Science degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have (or will receive within a few months) a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics or similar.
- Your research expertise is in the area of the function description (artificial intelligence)
- Your PhD degree is preferably in the area of distributed artificial intelligence. An affinity with deep learning and/or multi-agent reinforcement learning is an additional asset.
- You have published in high-ranking conferences and journals in the field.
- Having experience with managing and supervising team members is an advantage.
- Having experience with participating in national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
- Type of contract: full time
- Employment: temporary assignment for 12 months possibly leading to a permanent position
- Location: Antwerp
Applications should consist of
- A motivation letter
- At least one reference to contact
- Full CV
- A reference paper
All applications need to be send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Deep learning post-doc application”. More information about the position can be obtained through professor email@example.com. Candidates with an interesting profile will be contacted for an interview (skype for international candidates).
The position will be filled as soon as possible.