Postdoctoral Researcher Precise label free selection and modification of immune cells for therapy
What you will do
- Innovative thinking on different biophysical and fluidic principles for label-free interrogation of cells and/or isolation of certain cell populations
- Fundamental study of the interaction of cells and microfluidic structures
- Fluidics and biophysical modelling
- Hands on implementation of the methodology for a biological application of clinical interest
- Publishing papers, filing patents, increasing your research network
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive scholarship.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in (Electrical/ nano) engineering/biophysics or equivalent.
- We need your keen knowledge of biophysics and/or fluidics.
- We value your deep interest in the interplay of physical principles with biology.
- You are familiar with simulation programs such as Comsol or Ansys.
- We are looking for your interest in taking up the experimental part of the work.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- We appreciate your creativity, persistence and passion for what you do.
- We value your excellent networking and communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural environment.