Principal Analog IC Design Engineer RF & mmWave
What you will do
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced communication and radar and millimeter wave sensing systems. In these fields, the group has a vertical system approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, frontend, baseband to algorithms and systems. Specifically, for IC design, imec’s established reputation has been confirmed every year by our extensive presence in top conferences such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC and CICC. As a Principal Researcher you will be:
- Crafting the strategy for the Analog IC Design team based on market inputs and foreseeable state of the art technologies.
- Improving and optimizing existing design methodologies and procedures.
- Initiating and contributing to funded and bilateral projects through their definition and execution.
- Performing analog design from specification to documentation on block and top level according to the imec design flow.
- Coming up with new ideas for future analog IC’s, going beyond problem solving, question the status quo.
- Publishing in international journals and contributing to major conferences.
- Researching and designing of innovative analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave circuits.
- Driving the bottom-up evolution of analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave designs taking technology scaling into account.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Hiring team members and build a productive research team.
- Interacting with external partners and new prospects, as part of the technical support.
What we do for you
Dependent on your background and domain expertise, you will work with research teams developing SoC solutions for sensing and imaging technologies and/or communications technologies with broad applications such as 5G, medical imaging, and industrial inspection. ln exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. You will also have an impact on shaping future research topics in our newest R&D center. Imec is a not for profit organization that offers a supportive and collaborative environment with a perfect blend of academic and industry research and development culture. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer competitive compensation packages and robust including medical, dental and vision and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.