What you will do
As Privacy Specialist you will be part of the privacy team that is responsible for the roll out and maintaining of the privacy program at imec. This team gives advice and support on privacy related topics to the different projects and divisions at imec and is responsible for the compliancy of imec with the privacy law (GDPR).
As Privacy Specialist you will:
- monitor and maintain the privacy program of imec
- assist the different teams at imec with advice to increase the level of compliancy with the GDPR. This can include both technical and non-technical advice related to privacy topics as well as advice on a specific privacy issue.
- review and monitor the effectiveness of the procedures, processes and control measures regarding compliance with the GDPR regulations. You make suggestions for improvement
- take new initiatives in the context of the privacy program to elevate the level of compliancy. You draw up action plans for these initiatives and ensure the necessary follow-up and support in the roll out process
- follow up on the new elements and trends relating to privacy and translate incorporate them into the privacy program of imec
- be partly responsible for building and stimulating a GDPR compliance awareness within imec. This means that you are also responsible for stimulating a culture in which risk management and compliance are embedded in the performance of each employee's activities.
What we do for you
Imec is a multicultural company working at the vanguard of technology with headquarters in Leuven. We are a flexible, open and informal work environment with a strong drive for excellence. Through imec, you will contribute to technological solutions that have a positive impact on the wellbeing and health of people worldwide.
We give people like you abundant opportunities to take initiative, contribute and have a positive impact on our organization. You can count on the expertise of different teams throughout imec to assist you in your function of Privacy Specialist and help you grow in the domain of privacy.
It goes without saying that we highly appreciate your energy and commitment and in return offer you an attractive salary with many fringe benefits and a challenging work environment at our headquarters in Leuven.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly-motivated person with the following assets:
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in the field of information security and privacy, including one year of significant experience in the GDPR.
- You are a team player and work structured and accurate.
- You are a proactive, dynamic and hands-on initiative-taker.
- You have excellent communication skills and you can communicate privacy related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at every level of the organization.
- You have integrity, you are diplomatic and assertive, and able to convince people.
- You are fluent in English. A good knowledge of Dutch is considered as a plus.