Process Development Engineer
What you will do
As a process development engineer in our life sciences technology department, you will:
- Support projects in imec’s cleanroom and labs.
- Carry out additional post processing on substrates that come from imec’s pilot line.
- Be involved and lead activities in the lab and cleanroom, which can range from new material intake and testing on lab scale to assembly and packaging of lab devices or fab devices.
- Act as metrology support (SEM, optical microscopy, etc) using imec’s suite of inspection tools.
What we do for you
- We offer you a challenging position, in which you can take the lead and initiative when it comes to processing decisions and new material or method development. The position has a large degree of flexibility when it comes to work planning and execution, once deliverables and project milestones are met.
- This job offers you a lot of interaction and contact with internal and external researchers.
- In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a master in exact sciences or engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You are a hands-on person with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive for results.
- Experience in standard cleanroom processing techniques such as optical lithography, metal and dielectric deposition, dry and wet etching techniques and packaging/assembly techniques is a must.
- You have significant experience of developing and optimizing cleanroom processes. You are able to understand complex problems and apply specialist processing knowledge to solve them.
- Prior experience in biological and/or chemistry labs is considered an asset.
- You are a team player and have good communication skills since you will work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers.