miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps. miDiagnostics’ ambition is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
miDiagnostics is looking for an experienced, talented and versatile process development engineer responsible for the development and optimization of silicon-chip back-end processes in the production flow of a medical diagnostics device prototype. The processes will be focused around surface modifications of Si: (plasma) cleaning and thin organic film depositions (CVD). You will be responsible to develop and optimize the processes.
- Develop, qualify and implement surface modifying processes starting from feasibility through optimization and validation to transfer to production
- Develop and execute design and process validation activities including Installation Qualifications (IQ), Operational Qualifications (OQ), Performance Qualifications (PQ)
- protocols, testing and reports
- Identify and troubleshoot process-related issues
Profile and competences
- Master degree in engineering, with minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience in process engineering, preferably in the semiconductor, medical devices or IVD industry
- Hands on attitude and drive to develop robust and manufacturing compatible processes
- Have passion and enthusiasm for developing new products & processes
- Deep knowledge of surface chemistry and surface characterisation techniques
- Experience with silicon-based surface cleaning and coating is a plus
- Experience with chemical vapor deposition (CVD) process is a plus
- Experience in methodology for DOE is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Process Excellence (Six Sigma black belt certified is a plus) is preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consistent delivery of timely, accurate and thorough work products
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, continually changing environment
- Technical leader who can take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in the company
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.