miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of disposable tests that require only drops of blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor (nFP) that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps. miDiagnostics’ ambition is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
You will be part of a dynamic, international and multidisciplinary team that develops a completely new medical diagnostic device to be used at the point of need. As “Process Development Technician” you will support processing activities related to back-end processing of the silicon-based nFP. You will generate the necessary data and knowledge to make the transition from test prototypes to market ready products. You will also provide the development teams with the necessary components to support the prototype manufacturing and testing needs.
- Test and evaluate chemical vapour deposition, plasma cleaning and spotting processes for the silicon-based nFP, in close collaboration with our process development engineer
- Develop and execute test plans, protocols and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Analyse and interpret experimental data and present the results to project teams
- Prepare and write technical reports and other relevant documentation
- Execute key manufacturing process steps to deliver functional nFP to the development teams
Profile and competences
- You have a BSc or equivalent by experience in a life science related field: (bio)chemistry, (bio)chemistry engineering technology or lab technician
- Preferably have three years of industrial experience
- Knowledge of surface chemistry and/or experience in coatings is an advantage
- Experience in highly regulated industry, such as pharmaceuticals or medical devices (ISO 13485) is considered a plus
- Experience in methodology for DOE is a plus
- Hands-on and resourceful problem solver
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way is a must
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Fluent in English
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.