Process Engineer Dry Etch, Strip & Implant
What you will do
You will be a member of the Dry Etch Strip and Implant Engineering team. This team is responsible for the standard dry etch, strip and implant processes and tools, and follows up processes under evaluation/validation for upscaling. Besides the follow up, also processes for new applications in the area of CMORE (MEMS, actuators, sensors, etc..) and Core CMOS are set up, based on existing building blocks.
- You will effectively operate the tool and handle first line troubleshooting, be able to recognize the need to interact with internal customers and suppliers depending on quality event types.
- You will evaluate impact of tool/recipe settings and parts on process performance.
- You will perform advanced problem solving by consistently applying methodology.
- You will report periodically on engineering and development activities and projects.
- After receiving an intensive on-the-job training, you will be responsible for process qualification, process stability, process improvements, problem prevention and for the introduction of new processes.
- You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with Researchers, Hardware Engineers, Operations, Industry Assignees, Device and Process Experts.
- As Process Engineer you will work in a shift system (early/late and 1 weekend out of 3).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Industrial Sciences in Electronics or a Master’s degree of Science in Chemistry, Physics, or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- Ideally you have ca. 5 years of experience in process engineering.
- You like to work autonomously, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- As you will work in cross functional teams, strong communication and reporting skills are required.
- You are a team player with a strong drive to share your experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- You strive to document and report your work to the highest quality standards.
- You are able to adapt to changing priorities.
- You have a methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.