Process Engineer Epitaxy/ALD
What you will do
In the quest for new optical and electronic applications, imec’s R&D programs are implementing several epitaxy steps in various advanced schemes and architectures. This consists both of group IV materials as compound semiconductor (III-V) materials because of their exciting properties which outperform silicon. The Logic program which aims at further extending Moore’s law of CMOS scaling, is more and more making use both of element IV and III-V epitaxy layers as channel or source/drain material due to their extremely high carrier mobility. In the interconnect program, optical interconnects based on III-V devices will bring the required bandwidth which cannot be met anymore by the standard electrical interconnects.
Both epitaxial growth of IV and III-V layers on Si as Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) are some of the most challenging process steps in manufacturing and has attracted considerable attention over the last years.
Obviously key to success are both stable tools/processes as fast introduction of new advanced processes.
Therefore we are looking for a Process Engineer to join our team.
- You are responsible for process qualification, process stability, process improvements, problem prevention and for the introduction of new processes, as member of the Epitaxy engineering team.
- As a process engineer you are the link between researchers, hardware and operations and work in close cooperation with all three profiles.
- You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment together with imec researchers, hardware engineers, industry assignees, device and process experts.
- You work in shifts (early/late) and 1 weekend in 3.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging payroll position in an advanced high-tech environment and in an international, interdisciplinary team at our headquarters in Leuven (Belgium). Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility.
This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we offer various training possibilities.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master in Science or Engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- You have strong analytical skills, interest in how things are measured, how data is interpreted and how data can be used to ensure high quality results are achieved.
- You are working autonomously, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- You are able to work within cross disciplined technical teams.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.